Common Valuation Methodology Rollout
You will find an overview of the innovations further down on this page. These changes are only applied to austrian data within your product.
The basis for determining the used car valuations and forecasts is our comprehensive market observation of all relevant online vehicle portals, as well as transaction records that we receive from dealers. The statistical model (SAE) for analysing used car prices, which we have been using successfully for many years, is constantly being developed and improved by our statisticians and market analysts.
These improvements and further developments ensure the best possible accuracy of our data in an increasingly dynamic market environment. Thus, we are also well prepared for future market fluctuations.
Our adapted methodology ensures that you can make better decisions based on the data provided by us.
In detail, the following improvements to our used car valuations and forecasts have been implemented:
- Instead of fixed values for mileage adjustments, the mileage adjustments will in future be carried out directly on the basis of market observation and will be based on the “average observed mileage level” instead of a fixed “target mileage level”.
- This means that there will no longer be a fixed “target mileage level” and that this will therefore no longer be delivered. The mileage adjustments are directly taken into account in the valuation.
- This is an adjustment to the same method that has been used successfully in the Market Radar for several years.
- This adjustment to current market conditions will result in changes at extreme mileages (both very high and very low mileage ).
- In the extreme mileage range (i.e. particularly high and particularly low mileages), the new mileage adjustment will sometimes significantly increase the valuation of these vehicles. However, this only affects a few vehicles on the market.
- For the majority of vehicles on the market, the new mileage adjustment will not have a strong influence on the valuation.
- The previous monthly adjustment is no longer applicable, because a base month of June is no longer assumed.
- The corresponding monthly correction for the individual vehicle is directly taken into account in the valuation.
- The previous valuation of optional equipment follows a steep devaluation curve, i.e. optional equipment devalues relatively strongly from the 36th month onwards and all equipment is treated equally.
- The new method is already live in Markt.Radar:
- The valuation is directly influenced by the current market situation.
- The valuation distinguishes type of equipment (e.g. safety relevant, comfort, design…).
- Individual factors are calculated depending on the segment, make, model, motorisation, etc.
- This adaptation to the current market conditions will result in changes to the previous evaluation of optional equipment depending on type of equipment and age of the car.
- The previous data structure remains unchanged.
- However, products showing mileage adjustment, target mileage level and monthly adjustment will no longer provide these adjustments. These data fields will remain empty.